Welcome to the home of the Delaware Optimist Club!
Optimist Club Announcements...
- Football and cheerleading signup information is online! : You may register online for football and cheerleading for the 2013 season Visit the football and cheer pages for more information. Also, we accept Visa, Mastercard, and Discover for payment.
- We meet the first Saturdays of the month, but this schedule will be altered during football signups and season. Read more on our Calendar.
- See how you can get involved in the Delaware Optimist Club. Read more or download the membership form here.
About the Delaware Optimist Club
The Delaware Optimist Club is a group of like-minded, community involved individuals who have been dedicated to serving the youth of Delaware County since 1976. It is a nonprofit organization and is or has been involved in a number of programs including:
- Youth Appreciation Night
- Football and Cheerleading League
- Stranger Awareness Workshops
- Essay Contest
- Oratorical Contest
- Bicycle Safety (bike rodeo)
- Just Say No!
- 4th of July Parade
- Various scholarships
- Fundraising Flower Sale
- Fundraising Bingo
- Donations to various community organizations and projects including Special Olympics, Delaware Athletics, Parks and Recreation, and Adopt a Family (PIN) at Christmas
The Delaware Optimist Club is a member of Optimist International, a worldwide youth service organization. Many of the programs our club participates in are the same as those of Optimist International.
Our club follows Optimist International's Mission/Vision Statement: "By providing hope and positive vision, Optimists bring out the best in kids." We also follow The Optimist Creed.
For more information on any of our programs, please contact us.
To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
To talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person you meet.
To make all your friends feel that there is something in them.
To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
To think only of the best, to work only for the best, and to expect only the best.
To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile.
To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.